Responsible Data and Human Rights Documentation Hangout
The use of data and technology in human rights documentation has introduced new challenges around ethics, privacy and security. If you are documenting human rights violations and facing these challenges, we invite you to join us for this public online discussion with your peers. We will discuss your and other practitioners' questions and challenges practitioners are currently facing, and ideas for resources that would help practitioners do their work more safely, responsibly and effectively. What comes out of these online discussions will help us set the agenda for the output-driven Responsible Data Forum on Human Rights Documentation. For those who are facing these challenges and are unable (or able!) to join us in-person in Manila, we hope you'll join us for this online hangout!
Discussion 1: Date/Time: Tuesday, March 10 at [07:00 UTC] (8am CET and 3pm PHT)
Discussion 2: Date/Time: Thursday, March 12 at [13:00 UTC] (9am EDT)
These hangouts will be public and open for anyone to join.
Instructions to join:
Plan A: Use Jitsi Meet
- You will need the Google Chrome internet browser (This video hangout tool is browser-based, but is currently limited to Chrome, Chromium and Opera – Firefox coming soon)
- Jitsi Meet will want to use your video camera so be prepared! If you don't want to use video, you can put a sticker over the camera or turn that feature off *after* you join the meeting.
- Plug in your headset with a microphone. This is the best way to ensure that we can hear you and you can hear others.
- In Google Chrome, at the time of the hangout, go to the URL https://meet.jit.si/responsibledata
- Note: We will be recording this hangout to share with a wider audience so please do not share any personal identifiable information.
Plan B: Skype
- Ping Kristin on Skype at kjantin with your Skype name to use for a plan B
Any questions? Contact Kristin Antin, the engine room's Community Catalyst at kristin [at] theengineroom [dot] org.