Resource Rally: Data Risk Checker
Join us for this hangout and help move this responsible data resource forward! In this hangout we will discuss the tool's status and next steps for development and testing.
This Data Risk Checker is a project design tool for assessing potential harms associated with specific data points. This resource provides a framework to better understand the risks to the people reflected in your data. This tool is meant to inform mitigation and protection strategies.
Where this lives: https://wiki.responsibledata.io/Responsible_Data_Risk_Mapping
This resource builds upon (and diverges from) work done in the Responsible Data Forum on Private Sector Data. This version was developed by practitioners at the Responsible Data Resource Sprint in Budapest.
Date/Time: Monday, March 16 at 13:00 UTC (9am EST / 2pm CET)
This hangout will be public and open for anyone to join.
Instructions to join:
Plan A: Use Jitsi Meet
- You will need the Google Chrome internet browser (This video hangout tool is browser-based, but is currently limited to Chrome, Chromium and Opera – Firefox coming soon)
- Jitsi Meet will want to use your video camera so be prepared! If you don't want to use video, you can put a sticker over the camera or turn that feature off *after* you join the meeting.
- Plug in your headset with a microphone. This is the best way to ensure that we can hear you and you can hear others.
- In Google Chrome, at the time of the hangout, go to the URL https://meet.jit.si/responsibledata
- Note: We will be recording this hangout to share with a wider audience so please do not share any personal identifiable information.
Plan B: Skype
- Ping Kristin on Skype at kjantin with your Skype name to use for a plan B
- Tin Geber
- Zack Halloran
- Jennifer Schulte
Any questions? Contact Kristin Antin, the engine room's Community Catalyst at kristin [at] theengineroom [dot] org.